3D printer experiment

I bought a Up Mini 3D printer a few years ago (TODO: Year) I printed the standard test models, the Stanford bunny and the gear bearing

I started to print objects from thingiverse that I liked. But the models need too much post-cleaning with sharp tools1. so I started looking for ways to eliminated as much of the post-clean up work as possible, I found slicing2 software, if the model was not pre-sliced. But it introducted a new headace, joining the parts3 by gluing/welding. The other reason for slicing was to hollow the model for adding electronics

  1. I hate wearing gloves. 

  2. cutting up the model into parts. 

  3. due to variation in heating/temperature and alignment while printing. 

> SELECT * FROM "MetaData" WHERE post_slug = "/notebook/2018/07/3Dprinter-experiment"

Author: Tom Sparks


OK >
  • Fname Lname said:
    This is a normal comment.
  • Fname Lname said:
    This is a marginalia-comment.
--- pagination: enabled: true ---